Guide to Asphalt Paving Lancaster, PA
Asphalt paving is a process that involves spreading, compacting and smoothing a layer of asphalt over a prepared base. This base can be either an existing pavement or a new one that has been graded and compacted. The thickness of the asphalt layer will vary depending on the intended use of the pavement, with heavier layers being used for high-traffic areas.
Once the asphalt has been spread, it needs to be compacted in order to create a strong and durable surface. This is done with a large roller that presses the asphalt into the base material. The final step is to smooth out the surface with a machine called a power float. This leaves behind a level and smooth finish that is perfect for driving on.
Another thing, once the asphalt pavement is laid down, it needs to be compacted. This process helps to ensure a smooth, even surface. Depending on the climate and traffic conditions, the asphalt pavement may need to be seal coated or resurfaced every few years to keep it in good condition. Hence, asphalt pavement is made up of two main ingredients: aggregate and asphalt binder. The aggregate is typically crushed stone or gravel, while the asphalt binder is a sticky, black substance that binds the aggregate together.
Asphalt Paving Lancaster Steps
If you live in Lancaster, PA, and are considering asphalt paving for your home, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
- First, it is important to choose a reputable contractor who has experience with this type of work. There are many fly-by-night companies out there that will take your money and do a poor job, so be sure to do your research.
- Second, be sure to get an estimate of the cost of the project before you commit to anything. Asphalt paving can be a fairly expensive undertaking, so you want to make sure you know what you’re getting into.
- Third, once you have for found a good contractor and have an estimate of the cost, it is time to start plan. This is where things can get a little tricky, because you need them to make sure that the work will be done properly and that your home will be protected from any potential damage.
- Fourth, always make sure that the company is properly licensed and insured before hiring them for the job. This will protect you from any potential damages that may occur during the paving process.
- Lastly, be sure to have a contract in place that outlines the scope of work and the payment terms. This will help to avoid any misunderstandings down the road.
Asphalt paving is a process that requires precision and expertise. At Willies Paving, we have the experience and know-how to get the job done right. We’ve put together this guide to show you what goes into asphalt paving so that you can be well informed when choosing a contractor.
Give us a call!
If you’re in need of asphalt paving services in Lancaster, PA, look no further than Willies Paving. We have the experience and knowledge to get the job done right, and we’ll work with you to ensure that your pavement meets your specific needs. Contact us today to get started!